In this article, we’ll look at some of the different wordpress theme options, and how to develop them, with tips on which approach might be most suitable for your website and circumstances.
|Scooped by Robin Good|
"If you’re starting out building WordPress themes or want to develop a system for building them more efficiently or robustly, how do you decide which approach to take?"
In this article by Rachel McCollin, you will find quite a bit of useful information describing how WordPress themes work and which are some of the different approaches available to developing them.
The options analyzed are:
- Build a theme from scratch,
- Edit (or “hack,” some might say) an existing theme,
- Use the theme customizer to tweak an existing theme,
- Create a child theme to make changes to an existing theme,
- Create your own parent theme (using one of the approaches above) and child themes,
- Use a theme framework.
Particularly interesting is the mention of the Wordpress theme customizer tool, which gives you the option to customize a theme without writing any code, simply by using a WYSIWYG interface. Check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8v6u3noPg
Useful. Informative. 7710